|Company:||NYC Information Technology and Technology|
|Description:||DoITT provides for the sustained, efficient and effective delivery of IT services, infrastructure and telecommunications to enhance service delivery to New York City's residents, businesses, employees and visitors. As the City's technology leader, DoITT is responsible for maintaining the foundational IT infrastructure and systems that touch every aspect of City life from public safety to human services, from education to economic development crossing the full spectrum of governmental operations. The Communications and External Affairs Office is responsible for coordinating the agency's press, legislative and external affairs; guiding DoITT's strategic direction, undertaking innovative, specialized projects and pilot programs; and facilitating collaboration and partnerships across the public and private sectors.|
|Qualifications or Eligibility:|
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment;
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications, such as Word, PowerPoint and Excel; well organized, detail-oriented, possess excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to meet deadlines under pressure;
• Experience researching new and traditional communication strategies;
• Graphic design skills and experience with the Adobe Suit;
• Experience within the new media industry desirable, but not required.
You must submit a resume. Please schedule an appointment with an Internship Counselor in C102 or M101.
• Coordinate the agency's press, legislative and external affairs;
• Guide DoITT's strategic direction, undertaking innovative, specialized projects and pilot programs; and facilitating collaboration and partnerships across the public and private sectors
• Assist in monitoring and providing input on select website and social media channels;
• Collaborate on writing and editing digital content;
• Track media coverage and maintain press lists; draft presentations, talking points, press releases and backgrounders;
• Record notes at meetings and distribute meeting minutes;
• Identify and communicate appropriate messaging around targeted Agency projects and programs;
• Liaise with program area information owners to confirm facts and resolve outstanding issues;
• Provide event support as needed.
|Stipend_or_Credit:||$10/ hour. Academic credit is recommended.|
|Deadline:||10/15/2013 12:00 AM|
BACK To Majors List