|Company:||100 Hispanic Women|
100 Hispanic Women, Inc. is a non-profit, non-partisan women’s organization with members from a wide range of industries and interests. Our members include entrepreneurs, corporate executives, and many other women affecting change through key industries. As an organization of dynamic and accomplished leaders, 100 Hispanic Women, Inc. strives to eliminate obstacles and encourages Latinas to be innovative, maximize our potential, create strategic partnerships, promote inclusion in government and corporate America and improve the status of Hispanics. We welcome you to learn more about us and to join us in our vision
|Qualifications or Eligibility:|
Candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. A college junior is strongly preferred. Individual must be knowledgeable of basic computer programs/technology (MS Office, Internet research, etc.) Web site experience is a plus. The candidate must have good organizational skills, execute tasks in a timely fashion, and be detail oriented. Experience using FileMaker Pro is a plus. Preferably candidate should be bilingual (English/Spanish).
Good work ethic is a must. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate.
To apply, schedule an appointment with an Internship Counselor in Room C-102. A resume and writing sample are required to apply.
• Answering phones, filing documents and sorting mail.
• Helping the organization create and develop new ways of attracting sponsors, members and scholars.
• Drafting and preparation of correspondence, forms, invitations and other printed material.
• Performing grant research.
• Attending meetings and workshops (optional).
• Entering the names of new members/contacts into our Filemaker database
• Sending Membership applications and following up with prospective members.
• Sending out welcome packages to new members and renewing expired members.
• Reaching out to scholarship departments within CUNY and forwarding them our Young Latina Leadership Institute (YLLI) application.
• Acting as a liaison between the organization and scholars in reference to workshops and events.
• Assisting in event planning and invitations (MBS, meetings, gala, workshops, etc).
|Stipend_or_Credit:||$10.00 per hour; academic credit is available |
|Deadline:||1/1/2015 12:00 AM|
|Information:||15 - 20 hours required per week, between the hours of 9:00am and 5:00pm; preferably Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
BACK To Majors List