You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Turn on more accessible mode
Turn off more accessible mode
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Turn off Animations
Turn on Animations
To navigate through the Ribbon, use standard browser navigation keys. To skip between groups, use Ctrl+LEFT or Ctrl+RIGHT. To jump to the first Ribbon tab use Ctrl+[. To jump to the last selected command use Ctrl+]. To activate a command, use Enter.
Tab 1 of 2.
Tab 2 of 2.
Delete Item Version
Restore Item Version
: Internship Opportunity
Progressive Democratic Assembly Member
Progressive Democratic Assembly member representing Queens is seeking applicants for an unpaid internship position in a fast-paced district office.
Qualifications or Eligibility:
• Must be enrolled in a 2 or 4 year college
• Open to all majors
• Must be able to commit during the fall or spring semester; hours of work are negotiable
• Applicants must be highly motivated, articulate individuals, who possess a strong knowledge of the political process and exceptional writing skills.
You must submit both a resume and cover letter. Please schedule an appointment with an Internship counselor in C-102 or M101.
• Becoming proficient with the particular issues that are assigned -- learning the process, players and agencies involved in the issue in each area of our district -- & handling all constituent matters involving those issues
• Manage caseload by handling constituent inquiries on a wide variety of issues and communicating with government officials and agencies to acquire a solution;
• Maintain databases and filing systems
• Researching & preparing memos on issues; preparing meeting reports summaries and other office projects
Academic credit is recommended.
1/1/2015 12:00 AM
BACK To Majors List