|Company:||Progressive Democratic Assembly Member|
Progressive Democratic Assembly member representing Queens is seeking applicants for an unpaid internship position in a fast-paced district office.
|Qualifications or Eligibility:|
• Must be enrolled in a 2 or 4 year college
• Open to all majors
• Must be able to commit during the fall or spring semester; hours of work are negotiable
• Applicants must be highly motivated, articulate individuals, who possess a strong knowledge of the political process and exceptional writing skills.
You must submit both a resume and cover letter. Please schedule an appointment with an Internship counselor in C-102 or M101.
• Becoming proficient with the particular issues that are assigned -- learning the process, players and agencies involved in the issue in each area of our district -- & handling all constituent matters involving those issues
• Manage caseload by handling constituent inquiries on a wide variety of issues and communicating with government officials and agencies to acquire a solution;
• Maintain databases and filing systems
• Researching & preparing memos on issues; preparing meeting reports summaries and other office projects
|Stipend_or_Credit:||Academic credit is recommended.|
|Deadline:||1/1/2015 12:00 AM|
BACK To Majors List