You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Turn on more accessible mode
Turn off more accessible mode
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Turn off Animations
Turn on Animations
To navigate through the Ribbon, use standard browser navigation keys. To skip between groups, use Ctrl+LEFT or Ctrl+RIGHT. To jump to the first Ribbon tab use Ctrl+[. To jump to the last selected command use Ctrl+]. To activate a command, use Enter.
Tab 1 of 2.
Tab 2 of 2.
Delete Item Version
Restore Item Version
: Internship Opportunity
Backstage is an entertainment-industry brand aimed at people working in film and the performing arts, with a special focus on casting, job opportunities, and career advice. Backstage publishes a weekly tabloid-sized trade magazine in the U.S. and a bimonthly digest-sized resource directory that cover the entertainment industry from the perspective of performers (singers, dancers, comedians, etc.), the performance unions (SAG, Actors' Equity Association, AFTRA,AGVA, AGMA, the American Federation of Musicians, etc.), casting directors, agents, writers, directors, and, in particular, actors.
The role the intern will assume during their time at Backstage is to act as a Customer Service Associate. The Customer Service Associate guides Backstage's customer-service and community outreach efforts.
Qualifications or Eligibility:
• Knowledge of specific computer skills such as: Basic Word, Excel, and Outlook skills; understanding of various social networks and automated posting platforms
You must submit both a resume and cover letter. Please schedule an appointment with an Internship counselor in C-102 or M101.
The position includes:
• Fielding calls and emails from subscribers and casting directors; assisting users with utilizing the options and workflow tools on Backstage.com (helping actors subscribe to the website;
• Helping talent resize and upload their photos/videos; helping casting directors post casting notices; etc.); answering user's questions; up-selling users on useful enhancement options and other offers; following up with ex-subscribers to encourage renewals;
• Following up with current subscribers to enhance the user experience; following up on lead lists to find new subscribers; and proactively reaching out to and engaging with the community via phone calls, emails, and Backstage's message boards, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other social platforms (Quora, Yahoo Answers, third-party message boards used by actors, etc.) to enhance brand-awareness, community engagement, customer satisfaction, and subscriber retention rates.
• Administrative tasks; assisting with compiling market data and coordinating events; research and outreach projects; and assisting Backstage's Casting Department.
Academic Credit is Recommended
BACK To Majors List