Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I find out about different majors and get Academic Advisement at Kingsborough (KBCC)?
Continuing students should make an appointment to see an Advisor in the Academic Advisement Center M-201 (718-368-5744). Students interested in Allied Health and Pre Clinical Nursing should make an appointment in Student Success Center, M-101 (718-368-4911).
2. Where can I find a list of courses required for my degree?
- Make an appointment to see an Advisor
- Go to the Kingsborough website and view the College catalog
- To Access Degree Audit:
- Go to the CUNY homepage at www.cuny.edu
- Click on Log in located in the right at the top of the page.
- Type in your USERNAME and PASSWORD , then click on Log-In
- Click on Student Advisement Degree Audit
- Now you will be able to view your degree audit.
For additional assistance with requirements for your degree, please call the Academic Advisement Center in room M-201 (718) 368-5744 to schedule an appointment with an advisor.
For technical support please call the Help Desk at (718) 368-6697 or in room L-106, L-107, M-200, M-224 or send an email to Helpdesk@kbcc.cuny.edu
*If you use these websites, speak to your Advisor about specific questions related to your desired degree!
3. How do I register for classes?
After meeting with your Advisor to discuss degree requirements for your major, you will use the CUNYfirst Portal to access CUNYfirst account to register for your courses. To log onto the CUNYfirst Portal, go to www.cuny.edu, and click on "log-in”. then click on “CUNYfirst”
For instructions on how to register using CUNYfirst click here
*If you have questions about CUNYfirst Portal and CUNYfirst, you may ask your Advisor or call the CUNYfirst Help Desk at 718-368-6679 or 718-368-6888.
4. When can I register for the next module/semester?
You will receive registration information regarding Winter/Spring, Summer/Fall registration via your KCC email account or CUNYfirst account.
5. How do I access my Kingsborough e-mail account?
To access your e-mail account, go to http://inside.kingsborough.edu on this page click on the blue icon called "Getting Started" Enter your first name, last name, your date of birth and the last 4-digits of your SSN. KBAM will display your student email address and default password.
If you need further assistance, contact the student helpdesk at L-117, by e-mail at helpdesk@Students.kbcc.cuny.edu or phone at 718-368-5154.
6. How do I officially withdraw from a class?
1. Go to the Registrars Office in A-101 to pick up a withdrawal form
2. Take the withdrawal form to room M-201 3. Return the completed form to the Registrars Office in A-101 to have it processed
* This process must be completed before the withdrawal deadline (please see the academic calendar for deadlines).
7. What does it mean to be a full-time student?
In order to be considered a full-time student for the Fall and Spring semesters, you must be enrolled for at least 12 credits/credit hours/units. Full-time status during the 12-week semesters may be required for health insurance or financial aid purposes. You may also be considered full-time when you combine the 6-week module which follows the 12-week Fall/Spring semesters. Please see an Advisor if you have any questions regarding full-time status.
8. What careers can I go into with my major and what schools can I transfer to after graduating?
The Career Development and Transfer Office is located in C-102 (718-368-5115) and can answer questions regarding careers and Four-Year schools.
9. How do I file for graduation? Applications are available during the semester you wish to graduate at the Registrar’s Office in A101. Deadline dates for graduation appear in the academic calendar. Applications will not be accepted after the filing deadline.