1. A member of the academic community shall not intentionally obstruct and/or forcibly prevent others from the exercise of their rights. Nor shall he/she interfere with the institutions educational process or facilities, or the rights of those who wish to avail themselves of any of the institution s instructional, personal, administrative, recreational, and community services.
2. Individuals are liable for failure to comply with lawful directions issued by representatives of the university/college when they are acting in their official capacities. Members of the academic community are required to show their identification cards when requested to do so by an official of the college.
3. Unauthorized occupancy of the university/college facilities or blocking access to or from such areas is prohibited. Permission from appropriate college authorities must be obtained for removal, relocation and use of university/college equipment and/or supplies.
4. Theft from or damage to university/college premises or property, or theft of or damage to property of any person on university/college premises is prohibited.
5. Each member of the academic community or an invited guest has the right to advocate his position without having to fear abuse, physical, verbal, or otherwise from others supporting conflicting points of view. Members of the academic community and other persons on the college grounds, shall not use language or take actions reasonably likely to provoke or encourage physical violence by demonstrators, those demonstrated against or spectators.
6. Action may be taken against any and all persons who have no legitimate reasons for their presence on any campus within the university/college, or whose presence on any such campus obstructs and/or forcibly prevents others from the exercise of their rights or interferes with the institutions educational processes or facilities, or the rights of those who wish to avail themselves of any of the institutions instructional, personal, administrative, recreational and community services.
7. Disorderly or indecent conduct on university/college-owned or controlled property is prohibited.
8. No individual shall have in his possession a rifle, shotgun or firearm or knowingly have in his possession any other dangerous instrument or material that can be used to inflict bodily harm on any individual or damage upon a building or the grounds of the university/college without the written authorization of sucheducational institution. Nor shall any individual have in his possession any other instrument or material which can be used and is intended to inflict bodily harm on an individual or damage upon a building or the grounds of the university/college.
9. It is a violation of acceptable standards of conduct at the college, and it is prohibited for any individual, group or organization to engage in the practice of hazing: Hazing is defined as any action or situation which recklessly or intentionally endangers mental or physical health or involves the forced consumption of liquor or drugs for the purpose of initiation into or affiliation with any organization.
10. In accordance with the policy of The City University of New York, the college prohibits sexual harassment of employees or students.