Paid Service Opportunity
RECRUITMENT FOR OUR 2014-15 SERVICE CORPS PROGRAM HAS BEGUN! STUDENT APPLICATION OPENS ON FEBRUARY 17TH!
As members of the CUNY Service Corps, 100 selected Kingsborough students will gain real-world work experience, earn $12 per hour and engage in projects throughout New York City.Eligibility criterion: for your reference, all of our criteria are pasted below:
The Service Corps is a great opportunity for our students to service their community, gain valuable work experience, earn money and satisfy the civic engagement requirement towards graduation.
To be eligible for the CUNY Service Corps, students must:
- Be working toward a degree at Kingsborough Community College.
- Be enrolled full-time (at least 12 credits) in spring 2014 and plan to enroll full-time during the 2014-15 academic year
- Have a cumulative Grade Point Average of at least 2.5
- Have earned at least 24 college credits by the end of summer 2014
- Have addressed any remedial education needs prior to beginning fall classes
- Have the proper work authorization required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
- Have the contact information for one recommender
- Review and start the process
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY APRIL 7th, 2014
Please note that the Service Corps is a one-year commitment and opportunity for CUNY students. Current Service Corps members may not reapply.
**Information Workshops are available throughout the month. Call (718-368-6793) for more information.